NMSU’s Assurance Argument (formerly called the self-study) for re-affirmation of accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is available for review by Criterion. This document applies to the Las Cruces and Grants campuses only, as the Alamogordo, Carlsbad and Doña Ana community colleges are each independently accredited by HLC.
In total, there are 5 Criteria, and a 6th section that specifically addresses Federal Compliance. As each draft Criteria is ready for review and feedback by the NMSU-Las Cruces and Grants communities, they will be posted on this website.
TO PROVIDE EDITS, COMMENTS and ADDITIONAL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
- Click the “DOWNLOAD” button next to the Core Component
- Open the downloaded word doc, and turn on “Track Changes”
- Using “Track Changes” include your edits directly into the word document.
- Use the comment tool to insert comments linked to specific places in the text.
- Upload your edited file and any supporting documents using the File Upload button.
Criterion 4 – NMSU demonstrates responsibility for the quality of our educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and we evaluate their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
A. NMSU demonstrates responsibility for the quality of our educational programs.
B. NMSU demonstrates a commitment to educational achievement and improvement through ongoing assessment of student learning.
C. NMSU demonstrates a commitment to educational improvement through ongoing attention to retention, persistence, and completion rates in our degree and certificate programs.