Activity Report for Week of November 26 – December 12

• I spent most of the week out of the country attending my daughter’s wedding. A wonderful time was had by all, most especially and most importantly, the bride and groom.
  • I returned to Las Cruces in time for the Regents Meeting on Friday, December 9. At the meeting I provided an overview of NMSU’s accreditation and peer review visit that will take place on November 13 and 14 of 2017.  During the course of the presentation I went over the criteria for reaffirmation of accreditation, assumed practices, and federal compliance.  I also described the areas where concerns are most likely to be noted during a team visit, and the role of the Regents during the visit.
  • Commencement on Saturday was, as always, a very happy day. There were some changes that seemed to be appreciated by both faculty and students.  First, the faculty joined the Regents, the Chancellor, and me for breakfast prior to Commencement.  The omelet bar was a hit, and it was a real pleasure to share small talk and good food with friends and colleagues.  Second, the faculty from each college lined up at the back of the Pan Am Center and congratulated students from their college as they walked from the stage back to their seats.  There were many hugs, smiles, laughter and tears.  It was clear that students greatly appreciated the opportunity to say thank you, and to share their happiness with the people most responsible for their success.
  • May all of you have a wonderful holiday season!

This entry was posted in Activity Report. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.