Activity Report for Week of January 28 – February 3

• I spent the weekend and Monday in Santa Fe participating in Las Cruces Day activities. It provided me with opportunities to speak with multiple legislators about legislation important to New Mexico State University and to attend the House Labor and Economic Development Committee meeting on Monday.
  • I spent all day Tuesday at a retreat with Deans from the Las Cruces campus. At the retreat we focused on identifying signature programs of the university and how to cultivate further growth in these areas.
  • On Thursday, I had the privilege of saying a few words about George Mendoza, at the unveiling of the paintings he donated to NMSU. George is a Distinguished Alumnus of the College of Arts and Sciences and a well-known local artist.  I encourage everyone to stop by the second floor of Domenici Hall, where the paintings are on display.  Like many Mendoza paintings, they are visually arresting and deeply affecting.

This entry was posted in Activity Report. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.