Activity Report for Week of April 14 – April 20

On Thursday, April 19, I gave my last talk at the Teaching Academy. It has been a special honor to give many talks at the Academy over the years, and I am very grateful to Dr. Tara Gray and her staff for their good work in helping our faculty succeed in the classroom and beyond. On this occasion, I discussed the Promotion and Tenure process for college track faculty. Perhaps my most important piece of advice was gathering multiple forms of evidence for the effectiveness of teaching. Student evaluations should not be the only, or dominant, evidence of teaching effectiveness presented in a promotion and tenure file.

On Friday, I attended the Founder’s Day celebration in Traders Plaza. As always, the Employee Council did a wonderful job of organizing the celebration, which featured great food, delicious gelato, and the recognition of Aggie Legend, Mike Clark. Early in the program, Dr. Bernadette Montoya, led the crowd in a rousing rendition of “Happy Trails to You” a thoughtful good-bye to the Chancellor and me.

This entry was posted in Activity Report. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.