Draft Planning Process
To assist in the FY12/13 budget planning process, a draft of the Building the Vision Academic Strategic Plan will be ready by the end of the Fall 2011 term. NMSU anticipates a three-year cycle of academic strategic planning: university level, college level, and departmental level, demonstrating a dynamic, thoughtful academic plan closely aligned with, and highly responsive to, trends and forces in the larger higher education community.
This process will be open and transparent. Progress will be posted and comments will be collected on the Provost’s web site.
- Form the Building the Vision Strategic Planning Committee, discuss development strategies
- Create Building the Vision web site, with links to previous strategic planning exercises, to share progress with the NMSU community
- Review objectives and metrics defined by the Living the Vision committee, discuss data trends and areas of concern
- Broadly discuss objectives relevant to the President’s Seven Success Goals
- Discuss strategies to achieve these objectives
- Identify additional metrics to measure the university’s success in achieving new objectives
- Define data needs and begin collection process for evaluation in the fall
- Update to the campus community regarding Building the Vision progress
- Complete the definition of objectives for each goal
- Examine each metric, its trend over time, peer data, and the metric’s correlation with other metrics in order to define key performance indicators
- Define target values for each key performance indicator for specific points in the future
- Complete a draft of the BTV Academic Strategic Plan
- Share the draft of the academic strategic plan with the NMSU community