An Annual Comprehensive Budget Exercise has been established for all units within the Provost’s scope of responsibility. Dr. Wilkins is pleased to announce that an advisory group has been named to review and make recommendations for this year’s budget cycle. The advisory group is comprised of:
- Laurence Creider, Professor, Library Archives and Special Collections;
- Martha Mitchell, Academic Department Head of Chemical Engineering;
- William Eamon, Dean of Honors Program and Crimson Scholars;
- Aravamudan S. Gopalan, Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry; and
- Eric Lopez, Academic Department Head of Special Education and Communication Disorders.
This group was selected to participate in the budgeting process because their colleagues around campus not only hold them in high regard, but also because they and the Provost believe that this group will take an institutional perspective as we work to make the soundest and most strategic budget decisions possible. Budgeting is never easy, and it will be particularly challenging in light of funding realities within the State.