Corbett Center Luna Room • 2:00–3:00pm
Natalie Kellner, Facilitator
APR Overview and Website
- Academic Program Review (APR) work to date, acknowledging APR planning group from 2007
- Fall 2010: a metrics group formed to consider options for NMSU
- Peer Institute Research: Overview and metrics of program review at NMSU’s peer institutions
- APR Working Group: Requested to provide input into development of the process.
- Process as drafted: NMSU’s process will operate on a seven-year cycle with the one-year, self study program review performed at the departmental level.
- Metrics for APR: these will be considered by the working group.
- Annual data review: Information will be provided to departments as part of their review.
- APR process might be piloted in fall 2011 and that the new process implemented in 2012.
Role of APR Working Group
- Separate processes should be developed for undergraduate and graduate programs but both can be addressed simultaneously in the program review.
- Process needs to be transparent
- Faculty involvement is essential, as is conveying to the university community how the results of the program review will be used.
- President and Provost were encouraged to attend each college’s fall convocation.
- Other issues: accreditation and strategic planning measures might not relate to APR.
- Recommendation: fully engage the academic community, develop the process, coordinate with departmental accreditation, and provide adequate lead time for pilot implementation.
- Completed these critical items by the end of the fall term
- Delay pilot to January-December 2012 to coincide with the recommended one-year study process.
The next APR working group meeting will be the week of April 18th (Angie will send a doodle).