Activity Report for Week of January 27 – February 2

I spent the beginning of the week in Santa Fe, representing NMSU at Las Cruces Days. The highlight of the festivities was a very moving memorial in the New Mexico Senate recognizing Chancellor Carruthers for his many years of public service. Both Democratic and Republican Senators spoke at length about his leadership, bipartisanship, and his commitment to the welfare of the state and New Mexico State University.

On Thursday, I traveled to Eastern New Mexico University Roswell to speak to the 2018 Connect Class of Leadership New Mexico. My talk focused on higher education issues in New Mexico and centered on governance, dual credit, and the lottery scholarship.

On Friday, I joined the Advancing Leaders Program Reunion for lunch and enjoyed an insightful talk given by Dr. Jeff Buller. Dr. Buller has written extensively about leadership, and it was a pleasure to talk with him at some length about the differences between higher education and business.

This entry was posted in Activity Report. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.