Listed below are links to various websites regarding the Promotion and Tenure process. Candidates should begin by reviewing the university policy on promotion and tenure, then their college document, and finally their department document. Candidates should work closely with members of the Department Promotion and Tenure committee as well as their Academic Department Head in preparing materials for review.
- Evaluation, Promotion, and Tenure 2019-2021
- 2019-2020 Dates for Notification to Faculty of Nonrenewal
- Promotion and Tenure Portfolio Checklist
- Contract Status and Dossier Review Form (Tenure Track Faculty)
- Recommendation for Promotion (Non-tenure Track Faculty)
- Teaching Academy: Sample Promotion and Tenure narratives
P&T Guidelines by College
Material on NMSU’s promotion and tenure policy is in the Administrative Rules and Procedures of NMSU.
Rules relating to Promotion and Tenure are found in Chapter 9 of the ARP. Rules reflect recent revisions to the Promotion and Tenure process and are divided into pre and post AUGUST 13, 2018 effective dates.
|EFFECTIVE THROUGH AUGUST 12, 2018||EFFECTIVE AUGUST 13, 2018|