Dr. Howard returned to NMSU on August 1, 2013 to serve as Executive Vice President and Provost. Prior to his return, he spent five years at the University of Colorado Denver as Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Dr. Howard first arrived at NMSU 25 years ago as an assistant professor of biology. A distinguished member of the faculty, he earned recognition as a Regents Professor and served as Head of the Department of Biology. During his time as department head, he spearheaded the effort to renovate and expand Foster Hall and he led the team that secured the first Howard Hughes Medical Institute Improvement of Undergraduate Science Education grant at NMSU.
Dr. Howard received his bachelor’s degree from Stanford University where he studied biology and graduated with distinction and honors. He received his Master’s and Ph.D. in biology from Yale University.
- Supporting the Academic Success of Pregnant and Parenting Students
- It Takes More Than a Major: Employer Priorities for College Learning and Student Success
- Summit provides opportunity for system conversations
- Why Should I Self Identify?
- "Waffling about College" I.D.E.A. proposal provides pathways for Zuni Students